16 people were hospitalized to Texas Medical Center on Thursday for “overdosing” on synthetic marijuana in a section of Hermann Park, that is known as “Kush Corner.” The people affected appeared to be homeless an were in the park with “altered states of mind,” according to people who called in the strange behavior.
Mixing synthetic marijuana and high levels of heat can make a person pass out of dehydration. brightly colored packages that held the drug were scattered all over the park.
Even with the ban of 1,000 compounds used in synthetic drugs in Texas, it is difficult to enforce the ban. There were no deaths from the 16 people, so obviously, “overdosing” is the wrong word for this situation, the heat had a lot to do with their behavior as well.