Autopsy Reveals That Tyler Sash Died From Overdose

Credit: Morgue File

Credit: Morgue File

Former NFL and Iowa safety Tyler Sash died in September, from an accidental overdose after mixing two powerful pain medications in the wake of a chronic shoulder injury, a medical examiner said Tuesday.

The 27-year-old suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a brain disease caused by repetitive trauma that has been found in several former NFL players.

The autopsy claims that the cause and manner of death was an “accidental mixed drug toxicity involving methadone and hydrocodone,” the office said Tuesday. Both are legal narcotics used to relieve severe pain although, it is very addictive, according to NBC News. 

The medical examiner claimed that the recent shoulder dislocation and Sash’s history of chronic shoulder pain were also “significant conditions” in the death.

Officials learned Sash had a doctor’s prescription for hydrocodone but are not sure about how he obtained methadone, according Oskaloosa Police Chief Jake McGee.

This entry was posted in Blazing Topics, Hot Trending Topics, News, Sports and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
You are not authorized to see this part
Please, insert a valid App IDotherwise your plugin won't work.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *