We all have been through this scenario: You get your dream job that you are passionate about but you also get a job offer that would pay you ten times the amount more that your dream job do. What do you do?
Money is a very powerful thing, it builds empires and breaks down kingdoms, it allows for dreams to come true and it takes others away, it makes some people happy and others completely miserable. Today the pursuit of money is almost directly linked to the pursuit of happiness, many will argue that money equals happiness. That is not true. When people choose their careers, they are sometimes blinded by money and so choose to follow the paper trail. Although money is great and can buy us all the things that will temporarily make us happy, no amount of money can buy time.
Passion makes you happy. If you have a job that you are passionate about, then you will be a happier and productive worker. With that in mind, here are the five reasons why you should following your passion is more important than money:
- You Will Get More Fulfillment When You Make It To The Top– Everyone dreams of making it to the mountaintop one day. Some make it and some don’t. When you finally reach the pinnacle, it is that much more enjoyable knowing you got there doing something you love. Remember work doesn’t have to be something that you hate doing, stay true to yourself and always do what makes you happy. It will be worth it in the end.
- You Can Make A Million Dollars Per Year, But It Wouldn’t Make You Happier Because Of Your Job– Some of us hate our jobs. There are some days where we don’t want to wake up in the morning and go to work. Let’s say for example you work as an accountant for a big accounting firm. Yes, you will get a big fat paycheck but do you can you really enjoy your fruits of labor? Many people hate their jobs because of lack of passion. Is there a worst feeling in the world than doing something you truly hate?
- 9- 5 Work Shift– Ah the standard 9 am to 5pm work shift. Working for eight hours a day five times a week doesn’t make you happy at all. You only have one life, so don’t waste it working somewhere you hate just because of the money, no matter how well it pays.
- You Are Much More Passionate About The Work You Are Doing– If you are passionate about something, then you will never work a day in your life.
- Your Creative Process Will Not Be Damaged-You are more inclined to come up with creative ideas when you like what you do. It is the other way around if you are working at a job you hate.
As the old saying goes: Do what you love and love what you do!