Man Dies Instantly After Lighting Fireworks On His Head

Photo Credit: Morguefile

Photo Credit: Morguefile

A Fourth of July celebration went horribly wrong when a young man in Calais, Maine died instantly after lighting fireworks from the top of his head.

22-year-old Devon Staples, like most Fourth of July celebrators, was simply having a good time in a friend’s backyard drinking and enjoying the company. Staples’ brother Cody explained that “Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid. He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh.” His friends did try to persuade him to stop, but once the firework was lit, there were no laughs to be shared, only shock and devastation.

25-year-old Cody rushed to his brother’s aid upon the explosion, only to find little to nothing left of his younger sibling.

This freak accident is the first fireworks related fatality since Maine legalized their use back in 2012, due to the jobs it would create and revenue they would bring in. Whether this incident will serve as incentive to reconsider the legalization or an example to all to be extremely cautious when lighting fireworks, there is a man’s life to be mourned as it was cut entirely too short.

This entry was posted in Blazing Topics, Hot Trending Topics, News and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
You are not authorized to see this part
Please, insert a valid App IDotherwise your plugin won't work.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *