Shocking details about the death of Prince have just been confirmed.
Back in April, the singer tragically died at just 57-years old. Similar to the death of Michael Jackson, questions quickly began to arise about the types of drugs Prince was prescribed before his death.
On Monday, the Minneapolis Star Tribune and Associated Press revealed that some of the drugs found in Prince’s Paisley Park estate contained fentanyl, which is a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin.
An anonymous official said that nearly two dozen pills found in an Aleve bottle were mislabeled as “Watson 385,” which is a stamp used to identify pills containing a mix of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. However, the official confirmed that at least one of the pills tested positive for fentanyl.
This result matches up with Prince’s autopsy results, which showed that he died from a fentanyl overdose, despite the fact that he had no prescriptions for any controlled substances in the 12 months before his passing.
Other troubling details were released as well. Some pills found in the Purple Rain singer’s estate contained oxycodone and codeine. One bottle, specifically, contained 10 oxycodone pills and had a different name than Prince’s printed on the label. Another was an aspirin bottle with more than 60 counterfeit tablets found inside of it.
Prince’s passing is just one of the many fentanyl-related deaths that seem to be plaguing our country. The epidemic is occurring, because many users do not know they are ingesting fentanyl when taking counterfeit pills. This is an issue that needs to be dealt with quickly, before thousands more lives are lost to an overdose.