Amazon.com, the world’s largest online retailer, released its highly anticipated 3D smartphone called, Fire Phone.
Amazon’s founder and CEO, Jeff Bezos said “The phone is gorgeous. I can’t wait for you to get your hands on it.” Here are the features:
- The Fire Phone has a 4.7-inch screen and 13 megapixel camera for taking pictures. Tiny electric motors adjust the lens 100 times per second, counteracting shaky hands when holding the phone.
- The most notable feature on the phone is the display of 3D images, which is activated by four specialized cameras on the front and tracks the persons head movements .
- It also captures 3D images in the dark because the cameras can see infrared light.
- The Fire Phone has a new feature called Firefly. It scans and recognizes merchandise such as books, DVDs and kitchen products, music and television shows. The feature is expected to make shopping on Amazon easier for the customer.
- Another feature is the May Day which allows people to video chat with an Amazon rep, instantly, to troubleshoot tech problems.
- Each customer receives a membership in Amazon Prime, which gives users access to streaming music and videos and free two-day shipping on many items. New Prime members get one year free, while current members get a year added on to their existing membership.
So, how much does the phone cost? With a two-year contract, a 32GB Fire Phone is $199, while a 64GB version is $299. According to Amazon’s website, the phone costs between $649 and $749 without a contract.
The Fire Phone is only available to AT&T customers at this time. Preorders for the phone begin on Wednesday, and will begin shipping on July 25th.
Here’s a video showing all of the hot features for the new Fire Phone: