Usually, summer time is the perfect time for Hollywood to pump out these blockbusters. Some of them do well, other well they don’t. With that said, here are the summer movies that are going to flop this summer:
- Tomomorrowland– This movie came out last Friday and already is considered to be a flop. Something about George Clooney playing an action hero is really weird (Batman And Robin Anyone?) The film opened to $41.7 million, and with a production budget of $180 million, plus millions more in promotion and distribution expenses, Tomorrowland looks like a money loser for Disney.
- Terminator: Genisys– He’s Back! Arnold Schwarzenegger returns to the role as Terminator. Early reactions to promotional materials for Terminator: Genisys have been mixed, with the reveals of big plot points angering dedicated fans of the series and little evidence that Viacom’s attempt to win masses of new fans to the series will be successful. Terminator: Genisys arrives in theaters July 1st.
- Entourage– Interest in the series itself had waned by the end of its run, and the four-year gap between the series and the movie completely killed it. Thanks HBO! Entourage arrives in theaters June 3rd.
- Fantastic Four– Another superhero reboot. Will movie buffs line up to see it? Based on the success of Avengers: Age Of Ultron, they might be sick of the superheroes movies. Fantastic Four arrives in theaters August 1st.
- Aloha– The star power of Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, John Krasinski and Bradley Cooper is no match for The Rock’s San Andreas (which comes out in the same day.) Early reviews are not good. Aloha comes out May 29th.