The dog days of summer is upon us as we look to October. There has been many great memories and plays in baseball this season. As we wind down towards the end of the regular season, the MVP race is just heating up. Here are the Top Five MVP Contenders for the American League:
1. Mike Trout- Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim- Mike Trout numbers speak for himself. He is batting .291 with 30 Home Runs and 94 RBI’s. He is clearly the frontrunner to win the MVP in the American League.
2. Jose Abreu- Chicago White Sox- A rookie winning the MVP award? It already happened. Perhaps the most underrated player on this list, Abreu is batting .312 with 33 Home Runs and 97 RBI’s. He might not get the MVP because he plays for the White Sox, a team that is fourth in their division.
3. Josh Donaldson- Oakland A’s- The little guy that could. Donaldson, who has been the A’s offense, is batting .255 with 28 Home Runs and 88 RBI’s. After the Cespedes trade, Donaldson have really picked up the offense. He could be the dark horse out of all the players on this list.
4. Robinson Cano- Seattle Mariners- Remember when Cano didn’t have no protection in the Seattle Mariners lineup? He has thrived in it. He is batting .325 with 12 Home Runs and 71 RBI’s and is leading the Mariners to the second wild card spot.
5. Nelson Cruz- Baltimore Orioles- Can a admitted PED User win the MVP? Unlikely.