It is the first official day of Fall and it is time for the TV Fall schedule. There are 22 new shows debuting this fall. Here are the Top Five shows you should check out:
5. Madam Secretary, CBS, Sundays at 8:30pm: This show premiered last night and it stars Tea Leoni playing as the new White House Secretary of State after her predecessor dies in a suspicious plane crash. This show has a Scandal feel to it mixed with a West Wing flavor to it. Interesting to watch.
4. The Flash, The CW, Tuesday October 7th at 8pm: From the network that brings you Arrow, it tells the origin stories of Barry Allen who obtains lighting fast speed and eventually creates the superhero persona The Flash. Fans of DC comics should like the origin story.
3. Gotham, Fox, Mondays at 8pm: Another origin story but not what you are thinking. This show tells the origin story of Detective James Gordon who moves to Gotham City and tries to clean up a corrupt town. The show also promises to tell the origin stories of Edward Nigma (The Riddler), Selina Kyle (before she was Catwoman), Bruce Wayne (before he became Batman), Oswalt Cobblepot (before he became Penguin) and Pamela Ivy (before she became Poison Ivy.) The show will introduce Fish Mooney who is trying to take over Gotham. Batman fans have high hopes for this show.
2. The Affair, Showtime, Sunday, October 12th at 10pm: This show basically speaks for itself. It is an affair told from both perspectives. With the success of Masters of Sex and Penny Dreadful, it could be another hit for Showtime.
1. Gracepoint, Fox, Tuesday, October 2nd at 9pm: Although this is a mini series, this show has already received positive reviews. This stars Anna Gunn who played Skylar in another critically acclaimed show Breaking Bad and David Tennant who played in the British version of the show.