Arizona Mom Says 16-Year-Old Daughter Died From Drinking Energy Drinks

Photo Credit:

Photo Credit:

A mother in Arizona is blaming energy drinks for her 16-year-old daughter’s death.

Kris Hamann says that her daughter was drinking energy drinks while on a beach in Rocky Point, New Mexico. According to her friends, she was not drinking any water. Lanna Hamann told her friend’s father that she did not feel well on Saturday night. A short time later, she went into cardiac arrest and died.

A study last year proved that energy drinks may cause serious increases in heart contractions rates within an hour of drinking the beverage. Emergency room visits related to drinking energy drinks have doubled over the past four years.

There have even been lawsuits filed against energy drink makers such as Monster Energy in connection with deaths of other teenagers. It is not known if an official cause of death has been released for Lanna Hamann.

A memorial for Lanna was held at her high school, where she was going to be a junior, on Sunday night. Friends started a social media campaign on Twitter to help raise funds to bring Lanna’s body back to Arizona.

This entry was posted in Legal, News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
You are not authorized to see this part
Please, insert a valid App IDotherwise your plugin won't work.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *