Let’s put it all on the table right now. Life happens; we no longer live in a world where dinner can always be on the table at 6pm sharp. We work, we have families, and we have responsibilities. So here’s an awesome recipe that I use for my family. My fiancé always gives it two thumbs up.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need for an awesome batch of Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese:
- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle to your liking on top (optional)
- Bread crumb to sprinkle on top (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni until cooked.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup. Add butter and cheddar cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well.
- Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the extra cheese and bread crumb over the top if you desire
- Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
And Voila! There you have a delicious dish in 30-40 minutes! Hope you enjoy as much as my family does!