Fall has arrived. Time for the warm layers, tailgating and of course football. Beer has been the go-to alcoholic beverage to watch football. Whatever the team is winning or losing, it is an excuse to drink. Here are the top five beers to drink in the fall (hint no bud light or Coors on this list)
5. Founders Brewing Co. Harvest Ale- This hazy orange drink has a sweet herbal with a hint of tangerine citrus. Perfect for anybody who wants to taste something fall-like. Calories: 195 and the Alcohol By Volume is 6.25%.
4. Six Point Brewery Autummation- This pumpkin ale by color also has ginger and cinnamon. As the only pumpkin ale on this list, this is the perfect for Halloween. Calories: 214 and the Alcohol By Volume is 6.7%.
3. Heavy Seas Marzen- This German drink (which in German means March) has a toasted character and has a slight sweetness. The good thing about this beer is that its year around. Calories: 172 and the Alcohol By Volume is 5.7%.
2. Thomas Hooker Brewing Company Octoberfest Lager- This lager is available every fall and its toasty minty taste, a hint of carmel and a lingering aroma leaves it’s customers wanting more. Calories: 192 and the Alcohol By Volume is 5.7%.
1. Sam Adams Octoberfest- Why not mess with a classic? Calories: 182 and the Alcohol By Volume is 5.3%.