This weekend, Chicago was flooded with music lovers and fashion gurus who wanted a taste of the festival culture. Lollapalooza had arrived.
The three-day music festival attracts all different kinds of people, and it’s one of our favorite times to scope out the hottest street-styles of the year!
So, put on your flower crown and your funkiest pair of sunglasses, and check out the five hottest street-style trends from Lollapalooza 2015!
1. Maxi Dresses and Maxi Skirts: Whether you prefer a solid color or a funky floral pattern, long skirts were everywhere this year! If you like the bohemian look, we definitely recommend getting at least one maxi dress and a few maxi skirts. They’re versatile and cool on hot summer days: A definite must-have.
2. Black on Black: Who says you can’t wear all black in the summer? This year, black was back and it’s still as chic as we remember. If this trend is something you’re worried about attempting…just try mixing textures. That way, the outfit gains dimension and any mismatching shades look intentional!
Plus, black on black outfits allow for statement jewelry or even a colorful gingham hair wrap, if the flower crown isn’t your style!
3. Floral crop tops: They’re sassy and sweet, and they can be paired with so many different pieces! If you have a maxi-skirt, a high-waisted skater skirt, some pattered high-waisted shorts, a favorite plaid flannel…anything really! This summer-y staple keeps the hippie tradition of the music festival culture, but still allows for creativity and self-expression. Yes, please!
4. Shift Dresses: Shift dresses are huge right now, and that definitely translated to Lollapalooza’s fashion, this weekend. A shift dress is effortlessly cool (in temperature and style) and can still look perfect when paired with a comfortable pair of sneakers.
5. Combat Boots: Combine this with any of the above trends and you’ve got a killer outfit with a fabulous punk twist. Plus, they’re practical! Combat boots were abundant this weekend and even when they were covered in mud, they still looked great!
What’s your go-to festival look? Let us know in the comments!