Just moments ago in Cupertino, Ca. Tim Cook, Apple Inc. CEO, announced the launch of the Apple Watch. During a product presentation for the new iPhone6, set to launch September 19th, Cook stated nonchalantly, “Oh one more thing.”
For once Apple is a little behind the ball launching a smart watch product. Numerous brands including, Samsung, Motorola and LG have already put out smart watches with features including, voice recognition, nutritional data and wireless bluetooth. However, Apple is known for recreating products to violently surpass their competitors.
Apple Watch has features that include:
– A wireless charger clipping to that back of the product
– A sapphire crystal display (the same virtually indestructable display used in iPhones)
– A “digital crown” in the system that allows you to scroll through the display
– Turn by turn directions by vibration notifications
– A heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope and ability to send friends vibration messages
Although you will still need an iPhone to operate the Apple Watch, I’m sure we can anticipate a well-versed product that will only push our technology forward and make everyday life as easy as Apple already does.
Apple Watch is set to launch “early next year” and will start at $349.